Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Luke's birthday- he's 5 now!

We had a great time at Kiawah this weekend even though it rained all Sat and Sun. Since it was wet already and there was no severe weather, the boys got to swim and take an occasional bike ride when there was a lapse in the rain. We celebrated Luke's birthday on Sunday with cake and presents. He got a skateboard with Spongebob on it as well as all the necessary safety gear, as well as 3 new Monster Trucks...bringing the total to 30. There was a small petting Zoo at one of the farms near Kiawah so I took the three youngest grandkids to it on Sunday afternoon. Here is Luke with a miniature pony. Charlie loved these potbellied pigs and thought he had a real connection with them until he realized that they were trying to get to the apple slices he was holding.....
This is the "bull" that knocked Luke out of the way with his horn to get to my apple. He said quickly, "mom the bull pushed me, but I'm OK"


Charlie got a small jellyfish bite and felt lousy for the ride home. Today he came home from school with a fever! Just like Luke last week. He doesn't want to eat!!!! Something is definitely brewing in him when he loses his appetite!!!!!

8 comments:

Southern Sweets said...

Heather~ nice to "meet" you. I am Erin and have known the Blankenship family my whole life. I love teh pics of the boys....

Judy said...

Ah, sounds like Lukie had a great day!

Sorry to hear Charlie-o is not feeling good..keep us informed.

Queen of Foo Foo said...

Glad you guys had a fun birthday weekend. The petting zoo looks like it was interesting.

Nancy S. said...

Happy birthday Luke!! Looks like he enjoyed his birthday.

sorry to hear Charlie isn't feeling well. Hope he is good as new real soon.

AmyWhit said...

Love the pics, Heather. I guess Luke is a spongebob fan too then? I think I've seen my fill of that super absorbent fellow, though Riley could never get enough. Sounds like Luke had a great birthday weekend. He's a big boy now!

Hope Charlie is A-OK again real soon.

Shelia said...

Hope ya'll partied hardy! Sorry about the bully! Pun intended! Yeah, bad one I know. LOL Feel better Charlie man!

Valerie said...

Glad the rain didn't dampen your fun. We could use some of that rain in the North. Happy Birthday to Luke!

Wendy said...

What a great birthday!!!! Looks like he had a wonderful day!