Thursday, August 30, 2007

See you guys Monday...

I just love seeing sleeping children. I could sit up all night staring at them. Their breathing so regular and unlabored, their bodies totally at ease. I wonder what they are dreaming of- slaying dragons or swimming in the best pool imaginable or just playing in the yard. I love to imagine fairies dusting their super long eyelashes with sleeping dust, then angels watching over them at night. We've all been in the same bed since Jeff left in June. Another milestone is on the way...Charlie has told me he wants to sleep in his own bed with none of Luke's things anywhere around. He has asked if he can lock Luke out. I encourage him to set up his room his own way and he is doing it slowly, but every night he slips into the "big bed" saying that THIS will be the last night.
Charlie is my early riser. No matter what time he goes to bed, he is up around 7am
Luke is my sleeper. He enjoys sleep like a good book, likes to be in bed around 10 and will sleep soundly until 11am the next morning.
We will be going to Kiawah for the Labor Day Weekend and will be back Monday afternoon. 3 days without a computer....what will the boys do!!!

7 comments:

Judy said...

Hey, Have a safe trip..kisses to the boys...call so we'll be sure you are all ok..Hi to your family!

Anonymous said...

I love sleeping boys too, that's when they are at their best. LOL Brothers always seem to be the exact opposite, they fight each other, but will defend each other against everyone else. Enjoy your holiday weekend.

Valerie said...

They look so peaceful. Maybe they are looking after you, giving you the comfort and peace. Have a great weekend.

jamie said...

I love watching my babies sleep too!! They are like little angels, until they wake up the next morning!!LOL!! Good pics! I sure do miss them!

Have fun at Kiawah!!!

Shelia said...

I'm with you, the sleeping shots are the sweetest. Have fun at the beach!

AmyWhit said...

Oh, I love bedtime too! LOL. I used to just sit and rock Riley longer than I "had" to when he was a baby. Sleeping babies...one of the this world's most precious wonders. I'm with Luke....let's all sleep in tomorrow!

Brewton Girl said...

Hope you had a great weekend. Very sweet post.